Chaos Communication Congress / Camp
Since 2011, I have been regularly attending Chaos Communication Congress and Camp, and I have been volunteering there in various positions.
Since 33c3 (December 2016), I have been coordinating the CCC Awareness Team, a group that does anti-harassment and anti-discrimination work as well as conflict mediation. I have been part of this team at 32c3 and 29c3 already.
Prior to coordinating the Awarenessteam, I have also participated in organizing the Queer Feminist Geeks Gathering, Village and Assembly in various instances.
Konferenz der Informatik-Fachschaften
Between fall 2011 and spring 2015, I have regularly attended the semiannual conference for student representatives in the German-speaking world, called Konferenz der Informatik-Fachschaften (KIF).
There I have organized and participated in workshops on several topics, and moderated the final plenary assembly. Freitagsrunde
From early 2011 to end of 2012, I have been active in the student association Freitagsrunde at TU Berlin’s department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering. As a student representative, I have participated in various commitees at my faculty and otherwise, and in addition I have helped organize several workshops, talks and other events.
- Member of the commitee of teaching at my faculty (2011-2013)
- Member of the student parliament (2012-2013)
- Organization of and support at the introductory week freshmen (Bachelor and Master)
- Organization of Tech Talks and workshops
- Giving a talk myself, about SSH basics (German)
- Organization of and student support at Linux Install Partys
I have some interests completely unrelated to computer science, too.
- Playing Go (currently inactive). Go is an ancient Asian board game (I was 2 kyu and member of the German Go Association and the Berlin Go Association).
- Comic books and webcomics